Sunday, January 15, 2012

Psalm 118:1, 4-6, 8 NASB

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting...Oh let those who fear the LORD say, "His lovingkindness is everlasting."  From my distress I called upon the LORD; You answered me and set me in a large place. 


The word "lovingkindness" carries the idea of extending favor to someone.  I think, in life, there is nothing greater than those moments when you knew God had granted you a measure of goodness much needed.  These are those moments when you knew you couldn't have succeeded except for the extended act of kindness shown on your behalf.  I have known those times in sticky interpersonal dealings.  I have known those times in pressing financial need.  I have known those times in difficult directional challenges.  I have known those times in tough leadership decisions. I have known those times in "impossible" heart concerns.  I have known those times in heavy family burdens.  It's that moment when, all of a sudden, the hand extended tilts the scale the right way and makes a way for you when there was no way.  God likes to do this with His children.  This is the reason for the Psalm that comes right before our text.  It's the Christian national anthem!  It makes you want to put your hand over your heart, stand, and sing with gusto, "Praise the LORD, all nations; laud Him, all peoples!  For His lovingkindness is great toward us, and the truth (faithfulness) of the LORD is everlasting.  Praise the LORD!"  Do you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment