Saturday, August 20, 2011

2 Samuel 8:6 and 14 NASB

And the LORD helped David wherever he went.

Every once in awhile I think about what would be nice to have on a tombstone.  Now, lest you think I'm into gloom and despair, I want to make it perfectly clear that this isn't where I park my mind.  There are just occasions that bring it to mind.  But while it's on my mind, wouldn't this be a great statement to have on your tombstone? --"And the LORD helped (your name) wherever he went."  What a great testimony!  And the writer not only says it once, he says it twice in this same chapter.  Whether it's ever put on my tombstone or not, I certainly want to know this in my life.  The New American Standard Bible titles this chapter "David's Triumphs".  It's interesting that the section of scripture (7:18-29) that comes right before this is titled, by the same translators, "David's Prayer", which comes right before the section titled "God's Covenant with David".  It was no accident that "the LORD helped David wherever he went".  God was in the very fabric of his life, as a choice David had made to be wherever God was.  Too many times we find ourselves tasking at something alone because we didn't seek Him alone.  We will know His help as we hold His hand.  Hold on tight.  He'll take you on the ride of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment