Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Psalm 25:3, 4-5 NASB

Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed...  Make me know Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day.

I have watched parents who try to control their children by shaming them in front of others, using words and ways that make a child cower and sour.  It's a travesty in so called parenting.  They have no idea how to raise children.  Aren't you glad for our heavenly Father who never puts us down, but is always building us up? Oh, yes, He will convict us when necessary, He will humble us if necessary, and He will discipline us as necessary,but He will never shame us.  God's ways with us are always good and, if we wait in His presence and walk in His ways, we stand straighter, hold our heads higher, and walk stronger because He builds character, increases confidence and creates contentedness. Indeed, none of those who wait for Him will ever be ashamed!  The LORD knows how to bring us up in the way we should go, abundantly filling our lives with everything we need for this life and the life to come.  Our daily practice in prayer, and our prayer all day every day (as the Psalmist put it:  "for you I wait all the day") should ever be, "make me know Your ways, teach me Your paths, and lead me in Your truth.  If we would do this, we would be the better for it, learning the best from the Best.  He knows how to raise children!

No comments:

Post a Comment