Monday, July 16, 2012

Psalm 119:89-93 NASB

Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.  Your faithfulness continues throughout all generations; You established the earth and it stands.  They stand this day according to Your ordinances, for all things are Your servants.  If Your law had not been my delight, then I would have perished in my affliction.  I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have revived me.

There is nothing more distressing than to lose your equilibrium.  Balance, with the ability to stand upright and to walk a straight line, has much to do with the inner ear.  Something like Meniere's disease, which is a severe inner ear problem, can bring on imbalance, vomiting and disorientation.  No one who has suffered with this problem has ever faired well. The word of God, like the inner ear, acts as an equilibrium in our lives, giving us balance and orientation in our walk. No one who has ever neglected the spirit and standard of God's word has ever faired well. The Psalmist recognized this and deeply appreciated this stabilizing factor in his life, saying,  "If Your law had not been my delight, then I would have perished in my affliction.  I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have revived me."  Know God's word.  But more than that, take it into the very core of your being.  It will bring the balance you need in a world tossed about by the winds and waves.  You can be sure that "Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven," not only as to its solidness, but also its soundness."  You can stand on it all the days of your life and it will stand secure.  We desperately need this certainty. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment