Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Psalm 71:17-19 NASB

O God, You have taught me from my youth; and I still declare Your wondrous deeds.  And even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to all who are to come.  For Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens, You who have done great things; O God, who is like You?

Don't ever let your voice get dull, boring, negative and critical.  Even to old age and dying days, if we are children of God, our voice ought to have the ring of joy, sense, knowledge and experience; simply because the older we get the more we should know about the God we serve. Surely a long walk with God should make one a person of interest!  Most don't care to bear with the details of our past, but an old saint of God ought to be able to speak to the wonders of God's power with such authenticity and authority that it causes people to give attention and thought.  Don't carry on about how bad things are these days.  Why speak to the obvious?  Help people see the Unseen; the One who is the same yesterday, today and forever, giving a lively hope to all who hear.  This is the prayer of my heart!  Don't let me lose my voice, O God!  Pray it old man!  Pray it old woman!  For our generation's sake, pray that "even when I am old and gray, O God, do not forsake me, until I declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to all who are to come."  We need your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment