Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Psalm 94:17-19 NASB

If the LORD had not been my help, my soul would soon have dwelt in the abode of silence.  If I should say, "My foot has slipped," Your lovingkindness, O LORD, will hold me up.  When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.

How many times have we found ourselves saying, "If the LORD had not been my help..."?  God's people know instinctively the hand of God in their lives, and they aren't shy about saying so.  They see the Unseen.  They simply don't live with any idea of chance, luck or fortune. They live under the certainty of God's attention and involvement all along the way.  That way can be filled with a rough and tough crowd, causing a lot of pushing, slipping and stumbling, but, all of a sudden, God's people feel the steadying hand of His lovingkindness holding them up.  That way can be filled with scary voices that can throw the mind into a panic, but, all of a sudden, God's people know the comforting and cheerful voice of God that calms multiple anxious thoughts.  As to these enemies of the soul, the Psalmist (vs.21-23) says, "They band themselves together against the life of the righteous...But the LORD has been my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge...He has brought back their wickedness upon them, and will destroy them in their evil..."  God does not stand by and watch His people from the sidelines.  He takes up our cause.  We are His cause!  You can put your whole weight on that promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment