Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Psalm 100 NASB

Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth.  Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing.  Know that the LORD Himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and sheep of His pasture.  Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise.  Give thanks to Him; bless His name.  For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and His faithfulness to all generations.

Have you ever thought you'd like to just kick up your heels and let it all out in one great shout of joy?  No?  Me neither.  I'm too self-conscious.  But sometimes I think it would be fun to let it all out.  I wonder what it will be like when we first see Him as He is?  How will we react?  Overwhelmed?  Yes!  I think I will feel overwhelmed with the enormity of it all.  I can't imagine but that my heart will cry out, like Thomas, "My Lord and my God!"  But in the meantime, I want my heart to overflow with the joy of it all.  Whether vocally or not, I want my life to be lived out loud:  "We are His people and sheep of His pasture... For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and His faithfulness to all generations."  With a God like this, certain words ought to play out in our lives with great emotion and exuberance:  Joyful! Gladness! Thanksgiving! Praise!  Maybe some shouting would be in order! 

No comments:

Post a Comment