Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Exodus 29:42-46 NASB

"It shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations at the doorway of the tent of meeting before the LORD, where I will meet with you, to speak to you there.  And I will meet there with the sons of Israel, and it shall be consecrated by My glory... And I will dwell among the sons of Israel and will be their God.  And they shall know that I am the LORD their God who brought them out of the land of Egypt, that I might dwell among them; I am the LORD their God."

As God gives Moses the instructions for all that relates to the Tabernacle, you can feel His excitement with its profound meaning concerning His presence with His people.  As He speaks of the sacrificial offerings on the altar (Exodus 29:38), you sense that He can hardly contain Himself as He says with deep emotion, "It shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations at the doorway of the tent of meeting before the LORD, where I will meet with you, to speak to you there.  And I will meet there with the sons of Israel, and it shall be consecrated by My glory... And I will dwell among the sons of Israel and will be their God.  And they shall know that I am the LORD their God who brought them out of the land of Egypt, that I might dwell among them; I am the LORD their God," (29:42-46).  My oldest daughter, Anne, writing in her blog, said,  "I told Micah  (2 year old son) yesterday that he needed to choose between a jacket or a sweatshirt before leaving the house.  He said, “Ummmm.  I pick candy.”  Smart kid!  Oh, that we were as smart when it comes to supreme choices in life.  It ought to be our default every time, that when it comes to choices this world gives us, we should always  say, "I pick God."  Some look for His presents, but let's be those who look for His Presence because, the truth of the matter is, If we have God we have everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment