Friday, March 18, 2011

Exodus 3:10-17 NASB

"'...come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel out of Egypt.'  But Moses said to God, 'Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?'  And [God] said, 'Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you:  when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain... Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'  And God, furthermore, said to Moses, 'Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.'  This is My name forever...'  Say to them...'I am indeed concerned about you and what has been done to you in Egypt.  So...I will bring you up out of the affliction of Egypt...to a land flowing with milk and honey.'" 

The Unfailing God!  This is a profound truth, holding Divine Power and ,what A.W. Tozer calls "Divine Priority", in its very pronouncement. "The Unfailing God" is an unconditional eternal certainty. Tragically, this is a truth that has lost its meaning for many of us.   And truth that has lost meaning for any of us, loses its potency in any of us, causing us to move to lower levels of thinking about our possibilities with God or God's purposes with us.  It seems that most of God's efforts with man are spent raising the level of our theology in relation to what He can do in and through any man who takes hold of what He said.  This was the struggle with Moses as God called him to come to the aid of the children of Israel.  But what God has purposed is promised, for this God, who does not lie nor can He fail, will fulfill His promise with those who take hold of the promise, or make God and His purposes a "Divine Priority".  That's all God was asking of Moses.  That's all He asks of any of us.  But that means ALL!  And it's that "ALL" , that God requires of all of us, where so many of us choke.  "That's a hard pill to swallow," so some of us just hold it for awhile to spit it out later.  No wonder we languish.  And no wonder, as with Moses, the Lord's anger burns against us (4:14).  But thank God, as with Moses, He presses the matter with us, raising up a John Wesley here and there to remind us of what God has said and what He can do.  These are those who stand to their feet and cry again, YES HE CAN!  

No comments:

Post a Comment