Thursday, June 23, 2011

Psalm 19:12-14 NASB

Who can discern his errors?  Acquit me of hidden faults.  Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous sins;  let them not rule over me; then I shall be blameless, and I shall be acquitted of great transgression.  Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Dr. Dennis Kinlaw points out that the word "presumptuous" means "boiling up".  Thus, the Psalmist is saying, "keep back Your servant from boiling up sins; let them not rule over me; then I shall be blameless (literally, "complete").  One of the greatest struggles of the heart is that which rises up in us, hurting God, hurting others and hurting ourselves.  This is the Psalmist's greatest concern, and he prays, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer."  Do you think God can do something about the "boiling up" in us?  The Psalmist thinks so, or he wouldn't waste his time praying for deliverance.  The greatest thing about God is that He is Redeemer.  If you're struggling with this in your own heart, come to the Redeemer.  He can deliver.  He can cleanse the heart.  Yes He can!

No comments:

Post a Comment