Thursday, September 22, 2011

2 Samuel 18:13 NASB

And the king was deeply moved and went up to the chanber over the gate and wept.  And this is what he said as he walked, "O my son Absalom, my son Absalom!  Would I had died instead of you, O Absalom, my son, my son!

There is nothing as heart wrenching as grieving over something that has to do with your own child. Though David fell short of many things Absalom needed from a father, he didn't deserve the way Absalom treated him.  But, like any father, no matter what the child has done, that child means everything to a father.  In the same way, God feels this toward everyone of us.  The difference being that God has not failed us in anything. But His heart feels the pain of a child's waywardness.  If there is anything we know about God, one thing is certain--He is not willing that any should perish.  His heart yearns for us with a deep love.  Where David could only wish that he had died instead of his son, God, in Christ, did die for us.  "Amazing love, how can it be, that Thou, my God, dids't die for me?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment