Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Psalm 28:6-8 NASB

Blessed be the LORD, because He has heard the voice of my supplication.  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I will thank Him.  The LORD is their strength, and He is a saving defense to His anointed. 

An old movie, Ghostbusters, had the famous line, "Who you gonna call?"; the answer, of course, being "Ghostbusters!"  The idea was, when you are up against something bigger than you are, something you can't handle, call in the ones who knew how.  Whatever we think of the movie, it's a great question.  Who are you going to call?  When you're up against circumstances that are bigger than you, who are you going to call?  When you are facing problems that will bury you, who are you going to call?  When the forces of evil press against your soul, who are you going to call?  This was a no-brainer to David.  As natural as breathing and eating, he knew where His help was, and He found Him a ready responder, because He knew who his God was.  This was not a 911 number he dialed on dire occasions.  God wasn't somewhere else.  God was right there with him, so it was natural, in the course of life's journey, to speak his heart earnestly and eagerly.  That's just the way it is with those in close fellowship.  You can feel the realness of this relationship in the richness of his supplication throughout Psalm 28:  "To You, O LORD, I call; my rock, do not be deaf to me... Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You for help, when I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary (presence)... Blessed be the LORD, because He has heard the voice of my supplication.  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song will thank Him.  The LORD is their strength, and He is a saving defense to His anointed."  So, who are you going to call?  Do you know Him this way?  If not, you can.  He's right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment