Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Psalm 138:3, 7-8 NASB

On the day I called You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul... Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me...Your right hand will save me. The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Your lovingkindness, O LORD is everlasting; do not forsake the works of Your hands.

I have found that nothing helps my spirit more than the daily practice of early morning reading and praying.  There are certain disciplines I've incorporated into my life, but nothing has served me better than this hour alone with God.  So many times (more than I like), I have awakened with a heavy heart.  Sometimes there are things swirling around in my mind that affect my morale.  But, almost without fail, especially as I read God's word, and many times when I concentrate in prayer, my spirit is helped.  Just as real as I'm sitting here writing this, I have felt strength to my soul in these vital moments.  You see, the words of the Psalmist aren't some fantasy.  They're real.  They're true.  They're powerful. This is something God wants anyone of us to be able to testify to, that "On the day I called You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul... Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me (keep me alive)..."  With this, I think one of the most wonderful promises in Scripture is found in Psalm 138:8: "The LORD will accomplish what concerns me."  Isn't that great!  The Creator of the universe concerns Himself with everything that concerns me. Amazing!  I can't think of any better care than that.  That's why my spirit is helped as I look to Him each morning.  Try it.  It will be the best thing you ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment