Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Psalm 139:7-12 NASB

Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence?  If I ascend to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.  If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me.  If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night,"  even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day.  Darkness and light are alike to You.

As children, we used to love to play hide-and-seek.  And there was no prouder moment than to find that one place where no one could find you and they would finally just give up. The only problem was not knowing that the game was over, but you were still hiding. Not because we're playing hide-and-seek with God, but because sometimes we wonder if He knows where we are, we can be assured that He always does. The Scripture clearly indicates that there is only one thing that that will separate one from God.  Just one thing; and that one thing is the willful practice of sin, which is putting my will before God's will. Other than that, nothing!  Nothing!  The Apostle Paul rejoices in this in Romans 8:35; naming several catastrophic possibilities, he says (v.38), "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  I wonder if he didn't get his inspiration from Psalm 139:7-12?  It's certainly what King David was feeling.  Remember this glorious one thing, dear one, no matter what, God is right there! He takes it upon Himself to be ever present and to keep His eye on us all the time.  In the worst of circumstances, "even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me."  It's just who He is and it's just what He does.  I like this God!

No comments:

Post a Comment