Thursday, November 10, 2011

Psalm 139:13-18 NASB

For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well.  My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.  How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.  When I awake, I am still with You.

 As I write this, my wife, Sarah, and I are awaiting news of the imminent birth of our seventh grandchild.  I'm in Kenya and on my way to Uganda, but Sarah stayed in Indiana, just in case the call comes for her to head to St. Louis.  We never get over the joy of this; first with our three daughters, and now our grandchildren.  They are precious in our sight, but, more than that, they are precious in His sight. No matter where; no matter who; and no matter what, every child is already known by God.  From the moment any life is conceived, they have God's full attention and involvement.  Our second daughter, Maria, and her husband, are adopting a baby from the Democratic Republic of Congo.  Our prayer is that Oliver might be with us by Christmas, but, no matter what, we know one thing--little Oliver is under God's full attention and involvement.  This truth doesn't cease as we grow older.  The Psalmist exclaims, Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.  How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!  How vast is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.  When I awake, I am still with You.  God just doesn't stop thinking about us!  This is what I'm counting on for Oliver.  This is what I count on for all my children and grandchildren.  This is what I count on for my own life. I like this God!

No comments:

Post a Comment