Thursday, October 13, 2011

2 Samuel 22 NASB


The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my rock in whom I take refuge; My shield...my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My savior.

Real Christians love to sing and tell stories!  Why?  Because they have a song on their heart and a story of their life.  We lift our song up to the LORD and we tell our story out to the world. These are incredible stories of deliverance, and who doesn't like an incredible story?  This is one of our great tools of witness.  It's a God-present story among a people who live God-forsaken lives.  This is what 2 Samuel 22 is all about.  Verse 1 says, "And David spoke the words of this song to the LORD in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul."  And like his, our story is alive with God, and the world needs to hear it.  We need to speak with story-telling emotion that (vs. 7, 8), "in my distress I called upon the LORD, Yes, I cried to my God; and from His temple He heard my voice, and my cry for help came into His ears.  Then..."  Yes!  Then... (all of chapter 22)
  • He sent from on high
  • He took me
  • He drew me out of many waters
  • He delivered me
  • He was my support
  • He brought me into a broad place
  • He rescued me
Our heart breaks forth in song, saying, "You are a lamp, LORD, and the LORD illumines my darkness... by You I can run upon (crush) a troop... You have given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your help makes me great.  You enlarge my steps under me... You have girded me with strength for battle...  What's your song?  What's your story?  Let Him write it on the pages of your life.  It will be worth living and it will surely be worth telling!  God bless you today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment