Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Psalm 42:1-3; 8-9, 10, 11 NASB

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God...  The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; and His song will be with me in the night, a prayer to the God of my life.  I will say to God my rock, "Why do I go morning because of the oppression of the enemy...while they say to me all day long, 'Where is your God?'"  Why are you in despair, O my soul?  And why have you become disturbed within me?  Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.

Good, kind, gracious, and loving Father.  There is no doubt we don't understand all that You are, nor Your ways with us, but we know this--you are good, kind, gracious and loving.  I join with people, both past and present, who are grateful for this knowledge.  We respond to the extended hand.  Lord, whether we understand you completely or not, we have all seen the extended hand.  O Spirit of God, You are full of mystery and wonder, but, through the mist of the unknown, we see the extended hand.  We take hold of that hand.  "Why are you in despair, O my soul?  And why have you become disturbed within me?  Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God."  I feel the strength of Your grip, leading me through the difficulties of life with resolve and confidence.  Thank you for the extended hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment