Saturday, October 8, 2011

Psalm 62:5-8 NASB

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.  On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.  Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him.

I'm a clingy kind of person when it comes to anything that threatens my sense of security.  As a child, I've clung to my parents as we passed through dark places, feeling that they held my life.  I've climbed high, narrow mountain paths and I would cling to the mountain side, and anything it offered me to hold on to, hoping to come out with my life.  I've crossed rivers on flimsy, bouncy rope bridges, and I would cling to the rope for dear life.  I've worked on steep roofs and would cling close to the shingles as if it meant my life. I've crossed a storm tossed lake in a small dugout canoe, and I remember clinging to the sides of the boat as if I was going to lose my life.  I'm still here, so three cheers for the clinging!  I'm the same when it comes to living life overall.  There are a lot of things we face in this world that can make us feel like we're right on the edge of a precipice.  Here's where many begin to frantically grab on to anything around them, hoping it will secure them.  I've watched people cling to the things of the world, thinking it will hold them.  Countless numbers cling to false, hopeless religions and ideas, believing it will save them.  But, like the thousands caught in the burning and doomed twin towers of New York on 911, it will come crashing down on them.  What are you clinging to?  I'm still a clinger, and God knows it.  He has felt my tight grip on His very available and ready hand, but, better still, I have felt His tight hold on my outstretched and trembling hand.  Here I have found peace in the midst of the storm.  Here I have found help in the depth of sorrow.  Here I have found stability in the earthquakes of life.  My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be shaken.  On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.  Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him.  Cling to Him with everything you have!  He alone can save you.  "To Him I've given all my heart.  The world shall never share a part. What a wonderful Savior!"

No comments:

Post a Comment