Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Psalm 40:9-11 NASB

I have proclaimed glad tidings of righteousness in the great congregation; Behold, I will not restrain my lips...I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have spoken of Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth from the great congregation.  You, O LORD, will not withhold Your compassion from me; Your lovingkindness and Your truth will continually preserve me.

God is excessive in His care of us.  We ought to be expressive in our praise of Him.  You don't know what to say?  Really?  Honestly?  How can that be?  The truth be told, if these things are real in our hearts and lives, we won't know when to quit. As the Psalmist declares, if they're real, these are not things you conceal within your heart. If these things are true, how can we not proclaim them?  We have "glad tidings!  Don't restrain your lips!  Our testimony should resound with the passion of God's response to our heart's need.  It comes with an exclamation point!
  • His righteousness!
  • His faithfulness!
  • His salvation!
  • His lovingkindness!
  • His truth!
  • His compassion!
Is God-in-you lived with an exclamation point? How can we yawn when we speak of Him, or cause anyone else to yawn? He is not trepid or tepid!  He explodes with life within our lives, and our testimony and tongue ought to declare it with fire!  Send the fire LORD!  Send the fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment